VAX-11/730 and Emulex UC17 woes

Josh Dersch JoshD at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Tue May 24 15:58:17 CDT 2016

Interesting, the UC17 has the same firmware version (G143R) on the label of the EPROM.  I wonder if the contents are identical.  Could you send me a dump of your ROM so I can compare?

> I dumped the memory for this code from the VAX and entered it into SIMH
> to use SIMH as an VAX unassembler and this is what it looks like.
> If the UC17 host resident VAX code is the same, any clues here as to what
> might be causing a halt on the 11/730?

The values in/around 298 look to be identical, but I haven't dumped everything in memory.  I'll poke at the code, do some disassembly and see I can figure out what's going on...

Thanks!
Josh