HP Draftmaster II 7596A: EPROM dumps needed, urgent :-(

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue May 24 11:17:27 CDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:25 AM, David Collins
<davidk.collins at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Here are the binaries for all the EPROMs on processor PCA for my 7596A.  The
> PCA part number is 07595-60100 and is different from the one in the manual
> which is a 07595-60200 so I assume my PCA is older than the one in the
> manual.

I did not have an 8mm socket wrench with me when I visited my 7596A so
I wasn't able to entirely remove the cover.  I did slip the camera in
under the lower edge and did extract U28 and U37 from mine for
dumping...

> The EPROMs on the PCA are as follows:
>
> 17225-18001     U26
> 17225-18002     U35
> 17225-18003     U41
> 17225-18004     U42

These were empty on my plotter, best I could tell.

> 07595-18097     U28
> 07595-18098     U37

I found these in those sockets:

07595-18095  U28
07595-18096  U37

> Unknown U27 - no part number label
> Unknown U36 - no part number label

These sockets are definitely empty on my plotter.

> Binaries for each chip are attached. All are 27512 EPROMs.

This list doesn't support attachments, so most of us didn't get them.

I'm happy to send along my copies of 07595-18095 / 07595-18096 when I
get them read out.

-ethan