strangest systems I've sent email from

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:55:58 CDT 2016

On Wed, 18 May 2016, Toby Thain wrote:
> [...] Some languages used before 1974 were even better suited than C to
> this purpose. Do people think computers didn't exist before 1974?!

Only the cool kids could touch them until the "personal" computers started
coming along. I'm not really aware of when that took hold other than some
vague sense of history around the late 1970's or early 1980's.

Being that I was born in 1974, I was rather busy that year. I had to learn
English so I could learn to code. Plus, there was the bother of potty
training, walking, etc... That kind of thing kept me far too busy in the
late 1970's. I came late to the party when I started coding around eight
years old (IIRC) on my Timex Sinclair 1000.

-Swift