Best LCDs for retrocomputing - Was: Re: New *square* 1:1 26.5" LCD monitor 1920x1920

Alexandre Souza alexandre.tabajara at gmail.com
Wed May 18 00:44:09 CDT 2016

"moroless"

Firstly, CGA is RGBI (digital RGB, with R, G, B and I for Intensity. But
there is a small difference in color 6
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_Graphics_Adapter (see "Color Pallete")

- Arcade graphics are analog RGB in TV resolution (480i, 15.750KHz
horizontal, 60Hz vertical)
- CGA is **never** analog.
- Lots of old computers use RGBI (digital RGB). From my head: BBC mod. B,
Sinclair Spectrum +2/+3, Commodore 128, Amiga (yes, it outputs digital AND
analog RGB)
- There is no such thing as a CGA board with analog outputs.