Best LCDs for retrocomputing - Was: Re: New *square* 1:1 26.5" LCD monitor 1920x1920

Eric Christopherson echristopherson at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:30:44 CDT 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com> wrote:

> This post: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-16744.html
> Seems to indicate that the Rainbow is a 15khz sync signal, more akin to
> normal interlaced video- which I called out in my other post as being the
> one type of signal that doesn't always work for these displays.
>
> You may find success using a GBS-8220 scan-doubler, (ebay, c. $28
> USD), perhaps with a sync-strainer circuit to feed the SoG signal to the
> Scan Doubler as composite sync, if it doesn't work directly with the
> 2007FP.
>
> Curious to hear what you figure out.

Another Dell that people mention is the Ultrasharp 2001FP. Apparently you
want one that was made before June 2005, because then it would be sure to
do 15kHz; some models going up to September 2005 apparently also had
support, but it's not guaranteed.

Do either the 2001 or 2007 support *digital* RGB/CGA out of the box?

--
        Eric Christopherson