T400 Transputer for sale @ebay.de

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Tue May 17 08:56:42 CDT 2016

On 2016-05-17 2:11 AM, Mattis Lind wrote:
> Once in the day I thought Inmos and their transputer family was quite
> interesting. I had an idea of doing som sort of project. But of course
> there were no real time to be found to do anything (not sure if this has
> changed today).
>
> While browsing for something else I found someone at Ebay in Germany
> selling T400 in 68 pin PLCC.
>
> http://www.ebay.de/itm/131355196522

They do come up from time to time. A lot of 38 T800s(?) was sold recently.

> Are there tools (Occam etc) around to do anything with these today?

Yes, quite a few are archived on Ram's site:
http://www.classiccmp.org/transputer/

I've also long been interested in a Transputer SBC project, having used
them back in the late 1980s. While the Transputer requires very little
supporting circuitry you might want to pick up a C011 (I'm not an expert
and haven't built an SBC - this was advice from Dave McGuire).

--Toby