New *square* 1:1 26.5" LCD monitor 1920x1920

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue May 17 03:44:07 CDT 2016

First I want to note that everybody is missing the subject about *square
1:1* displays...

On Mon, 16 May 2016, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> I have been keeping my eye out for older panels.  I have some 12" 4:3
> and a few 17" 4:3 and I think one 19" 4:3.  Never run across anything
> larger.  I don't think there were too many 4:3 LCD televisions sold
> larger than 19"... some, perhaps, but not many.  The world switched to
> 16:9 about the time prices started falling on > 19" panels.

We have/had tons of 4:3 20" monitors (mainly Philips and HP). I will have
to junk them because they have been replaced by newer ones and I really
don't collect modern LCD monitors.

> I have a couple of arcade cabinets I'd love to switch to LCD.  No luck
> yet except with a 16:9 that would fill the cabinet space but give me a
> black bars and a smaller playfield size than the CRT.

Why? Can't you ignore (i.e. hide) the left and right margins?

Christian