Softech p-System for Macintosh

Nigel Williams nw at retrocomputingtasmania.com
Sun May 15 16:49:33 CDT 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 6:24 AM, Toby Thain <toby at telegraphics.com.au> wrote:
> I'm sure he meant MDS. Which back then I used on a Mac XL, alongside
> Whitesmiths C (and a 1983 draft Inside Mac which I still have).

I queried MPS since I don't see Bill Duvall listed as involved with
MPS, or at least listed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Programmer%27s_Workshop#History

MPS, Macintosh Programmers System was the early name for MPW
(Macintosh Programmers Workshop)

"MPW was started in late 1985 by Rick Meyers, Jeff Parrish, and Dan
Smith (now Dan Keller)"

If it was MDS as you suggest then it would be good to have some
background to fill in where it came from, is it mentioned anywhere
else other than this?

http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?story=3rd_Party_Developers_and_Macintosh_Development.txt

It seems to lack a wikipedia entry.