News about hpmuseum.net

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:25:42 CDT 2016

The following was posted on hpmuseum.org this morning:

*RE: Jon Johnston Passes *
As an update to the sad news of Jon Johnston's death, I can advise that
the HP museum and the hpmuseum.net website he built will be continued
and maintained for the foreseeable future.

Over the last 8 months I have worked with Jon in restoring items from
his collection of equipment and, among a range of items, recently
restored an HP2116A computer to working order - one of only two Jon was
aware of in the world and the only one that's operational.

At this stage we have not been able to access the website and put any
notices or updates but that should be addressed shortly.

Jon's wife has asked me to look after the museum and website for the
foreseeable future and as much as possible, continue to develop the
museum in line with Jon's vision and objectives.

As a short background, I joined HP Australia in 1982 as a Customer
Engineer maintaining HP3000s, HP250s, all peripherals, terminals etc. I
stayed with HP for over 26 years (including 5 years in Palo Alto) in a
range of Services roles and have many fond memories of the company and
the people I worked with.

While my ability to invest time into the museum is more limited than
Jon's, I hope to honour both his memory and the legacy of the 'old HP'
by keeping the museum going as best I can, hopefully with help from the
HP interest groups across the world.

David Collins