CDC 9429 Floppy maintenance manual

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun May 8 15:28:56 CDT 2016

On 05/08/2016 01:09 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:

> Actually, many lines of drives, such as the Tandon TM100 have the
> same circuitry for both the 48tpi and 96tpi variants. (and the
> TM100-4M at 100tpi)

One of the things that endears to me those pieces of garbage is that
they apparently changed PCB designs according to what parts they had on
hand.  I've got at least three different versions of the TM-100 PCBs,
depending on the head stepper used (4 wire/6 wire).  Some were better
than others.

Jugi was not known for quality production, just low cost  Its amazing
that so many survive--must be due the the numbers deployed.

JTS hard drives, anyone?

--Chuck