HP breakup... Website & ftp being trashed ... save what you can

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 10:24:57 CDT 2016

On 05/06/2016 01:47 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
> And if anyone cares, you can't create floppy images from the really old softpaqs
> on modern PCs. I ended up having to shuttle an IDE disk to the Portable 486 and
> run the image copy program on there

Yes, I found that too for the early Deskpro stuff.  It might be possible to
extract real data from the softpaqs without too much trouble, but for the
number of times I was expecting to do it, it didn't seem worth the time and
I just shunted things across to an old 486 machine and wrote images there.

cheers

Jules