Free to a Good Home - VAX 4000-105A in the UK

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat May 7 04:48:49 CDT 2016

This one has a failed BCACHE, but I am told it will still boot and run VMS,
albeit slowly. I have not tried this myself, but I have verified that it
boots to the console. It is in a BA42B enclosure (i.e. desktop not
rackmount).

Is there any interest or should I just take out the bits I want from it and
then throw it away?

It is in Manchester, UK. I do occasionally travel to the East Midlands and
to the Reading area though. Not keen on shipping it, but will do so if it
means not throwing it away. The machine is free, any shipping would have to
be paid for of course.

Regards

Rob