Which RT-11 for an 11/03

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Mon Mar 14 11:11:26 CDT 2016

 >Richard Cini wrote:

>All —
>
>	To close this out, I want to report that with Malcolm’s and Mattis’ help, I was able to get RT-11 v4 and v5.03 running on the H-11 using the TU58 emulator.
>
>	Avoiding the gory details, the upshot is that there was a bus interrupt issue relating to how the cards were installed — I had the slot numbering wrong so there was a gap between two cards. RT-11 started booting and then barfed during the boot.
>
>	Once I moved the second SLU to the right position, RT-11 booted properly. So, now I have both RT-11 v4 and v5 running on the H-11. Hooray!
>
>	Thanks to all who helped push me along on this. I did create a separate Heath page on my Web site for it.
>
>Rich
>
>--
>Rich Cini
>http://www.classiccmp.org/cini
>http://www.classiccmp.org/altair32

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that you have a working system, will it be used to run any specific
programs?  Based on your descriptions, the most important aspect of
the project was to get the H-11 system to run RT-11.  What I am very
curious about is what do you will do with the system now that it is running?

 >From what you have stated, both stock versions of RT-11, V04.00 and
V05.03, are being used rather than the Heath supplied versions of RT-11.
Can you please confirm this assumption?

As for the interrupt problems, using an M9047 bus grant card would
probably also have solved the problem - if you have one.

At this point, do you have any other storage other than the emulated TU58?
If so, is it a Heath product or a real DEC product and which storage is it?

Jerome Fine