Which RT-11 for an 11/03

js at cimmeri.com js at cimmeri.com
Thu Mar 10 19:59:28 CST 2016

On 3/10/2016 8:24 PM, Richard Cini wrote:
> Ok, I spent some time trying this again, and here’s what I did. The system is very basic — LSI-11 CPU, 32kw of RAM and two SLU cards.

Have you checked your SLU addresses and vectors to be sure they're
standard values (ie. what RT11 is expecting)?  I realize XXDP is
running, but just confirm anyway.

> Based on the instructions on Malcom Macleod’s site, I prepared an RT-11 TU58-target tape image from the base RK05 image from the SIMH distribution. The key incantation is:
>
> COPY/BOOT:DD RK0:RT11SJ.SYS RK0:
>
> What this should do is make the disk image bootable as a TU58 image.

Can you then boot the SIMH PDP-11 using that TU58 image?

> Not sure where to go from here.

Well, you might really delve in and get yourself a real disk
subsystem... RL02 or RX01.

- JS.