OT: lenses (Was: Front Panels - PDP8 and PDP 11

Zane Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Mar 10 17:49:01 CST 2016

> On Mar 10, 2016, at 8:42 AM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:
>
> one of these days, . . .
> The Sony Nex/E-mount is a very thin camera.  Thinner than the Micro-Four-Thirds.  It can take a C-mount lens without needing a recessed adapter.  I gotta dig out my Goerz Hypar and try that on my Nex (not an A7, alas).
> Even the canonical Leica mount adapter has thickness.

Used A7’s are starting to show up at an affordable price.  I almost bought one a few months ago.

> (Note: the only digital that can handle a D-mount is the Pentax-Q.  It claims to be the smallest interchangeable lens digital - I need to get a letter writing campaign going to convince Minox to redo their Minox-Leica as a screw-mount using C or D mount!)

Okay, you’ve actually lost me on these.  What is a D-mount?

> I have not seen an RTS adapter for Sony Nex/E-mount.
> If you can find an RTS adapter, even for anything else, . . .
> There are readily available adapters for a lot of other mounts.  Even for Micro-Four-Thirds!  So, if you can tolerate stacking adapters, you could adapt to something else, such as Canon EOS, and then adapt from that.
> Some lenses may produce some vignetting, particularly if the adapters weren't intended for full-frame.

Take a look here:
http://briansmith.com/sony-a7-a7r-lens-mount-adapters-2/

The list includes C/Y adapters, which I believe is what the Contax RTS would require.

> I have a Kenlock/Hama tilt/shift bellows, and a 47mm Super-Angulon (inCompur).  With an A7, that would make a FUN close-up technical camera.

I *really* want a good sliding back that would allow me to use my Nikon D800 on either my Horseman 4x5 LX, or my Horseman 45FA.  The problem being the standard ones only slide for a panoramic shot, I want one that pretty much covers the 4x5 frame, and that’s about $2k.  I can get a lot of film developed, and the few shots that require it run through a drum scanner for $2k.  I’m still considering one of the sub-$200.00 backs.

Zane