Early Microprocessors in Industrial Microcomputers

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Wed Mar 9 18:36:47 CST 2016

 >Paul Koning wrote:

>>On Mar 9, 2016, at 1:54 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
>>I suspect that the nuclear power industry is one place that you'll find the oldest stuff, however, given the long regulatory approval process for change.
>>

>I remember a nuclear reactor (research, not power generation) controlled by a PDP-9.

For Ontario Power Generation (formerly Ontario Hydro), the Nuclear Power
Generation
station at Darlington (just East of Toronto) still uses the PDP-11
running RSX-11.  A
refurbishment is either in progress of will commence soon and that might
change, but
it is unlikely.  It is easier to continue to use the original hardware
and software than
to completely revamp the system.  In the past, only the servicing
hardware tends to
change.

Jerome Fine