Imaging RX02 disks for simh (was: Re: MU-BASIC V2 and RT-11 V03B distribution disks.)

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Mar 6 12:33:14 CST 2016

I have managed to munge RX02 disk images into a format that SIMH understands a year or so ago. Unfortunately, I didn't keep notes about how I did it, and now I've forgotten what I did, possibly using some throw-away code that I've since thrown away. Or maybe I dumped the disks to image files on an emulated TU58 on my real PDP-11, and then wrote the image files to new simh RX02 disk images under RT11 in simh. Actually, that sounds like what I might have done. It's a clumsy way to do things, though. I'd like to learn how simh expects its RX02 image files to be arranged so that I can write a utility to translate between them and other formats.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/