IBM 6360 8 inch floppy drive

David Walton walton.david at sky.com
Tue Jun 28 01:32:33 CDT 2016

Hi
I collect vintage IBM laptops, have just joined the community, and wonder if anyone can help with the following:

1.  Can write a Teledisk image of concurrent CP/M for Displaywriter to two 8 inch floppy disks which I can supply?

2. Can solder a cable fie me which will interface an ibm 6360 8 inch floppy to a PC. I am unable to do this myself.

3. I have an external 5.25 floppy adapter/a inside an ibm ps/2 p70 and wonder if the external 37 pin connector is pin compatible with the 37 pin connector of the ibm 6360 8 inch floppy drive?

I thought about connecting two out of the 3 cables from this drive to an IBM displaywriter (supplying the correct voltages etc) and the 37 pin connector to my external 5.25 adapter/a card?

Thanks for your help.

David