Now OT - Re: CDC 6600 - Why so awesome?

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 22:05:13 CDT 2016

On Wed, 22 Jun 2016, Toby Thain wrote:
> Do you have a counterproposal? What problem do you think UTF-8 is trying
> to solve?

Oh, heck no! I don't have any wish to wade into that particular swamp full
of alligators. I have no counterproposal and as far as "what problem is
UTF-8 trying to solve?" my repsonse is "too many at once."

> > People who
> > complain about twos-compliment being a weird hack ...
> I haven't heard that particular complaint. Got a cite?

Just some internet bungholes on reddit. Brother, just remember, *you*
asked, and you can never get the time back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/d92jj/why_computers_use_twos_complement_to_represent/

-Swift