Want to trade: Complete MacIvory 2 system for standalone Symbolics XL machine

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:37:16 CDT 2016

If anyone has standalone Symbolics hardware, and wants to trade for
something more managable that can do an LCD display and uses more standard
parts, I have the following system for trade for any Merlin / XL machine.

I'm going all-in on wacky hardware, because I have multiple machines and
already require lots of unweildly consoles. In particular, with one running
XL, I want to double down for spare parts.

Going by the last few eBay auctions, the value is identical, or even
slightly skewed in favor of the MacIvory.

Here's what it's kitted out with:
> Mac IIfx host
> Original Symbolics Keyboard / Mouse adapter
> MacIvory II CPU with Floating Point Accellerator
> NS 8/16 NuBus Memory
> CF card for booting the Mac side
> 36gb internal SCA drive for the FEP filesystems
> NuVista color card (this can be used directly by S-PAINT, and S-GRAPHICS
as a color render head)
> Radius ThunderGX accellerated NuBus main graphics
> Asante 10 megabit ethernet
> Compatible CD-ROM drive
> Genera 8.3 & Animation systems loaded

Anyone interested in a smaller, friendlier Symbolics experience? Will also
consider funding any cross-shipping myself.

Cheers,

- Ian

--
   Ian Finder