Keyboards and the Model M (was Re: NEC ProSpeed 386)

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Jun 16 13:41:58 CDT 2016

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016, Earl Baugh wrote:

> From: Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs at gmail.com>
>
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2016, geneb wrote:
>> I just wish the Unicomp keys were two-part keys like the Model M uses.
> I wish ALL keyboards did that... it's a superior design, IMHO.
>

> I'm puzzled, what do you mean two part?  Cap and key?
> That's all I've gotten from Unicomp...  That's how I got all of the "blank"
> caps from...

I stand corrected! I just pulled a key stem off my PC-102 (has 24 function
keys) and it IS a two-part key.  I'd looked at the Model M I got from
Unicomp years ago and I could've sworn it didn't have the two part key.
Maybe I thought that because the cap is much more firmly attached on their
keyboard than it is the original IBM Model M.

Does anyone other than Unicomp make different key caps?

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007