VCF Midwest is Live!

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:56:27 CDT 2016

Hello vintage computing fans - we are finally ready to officially
re-announce the 11th annual Vintage Computer Festival Midwest!  Here
are the essentials:

What: A weekend of friends, fellowship and frivolity centered around
the hobby of vintage computing.  Buy, browse, show or sell or any
combination thereof.
When: September 10-11, 2016
Where: The Holiday Inn of Elk Grove Village, Illinois, minutes from
O'Hare International Airport (with a free shuttle)
How Much: Zero, 0, null, %0, nil, @0, aught, ought, naught, 0x00,
nada, zip, or goose-egg.  It's free, too.  (BIG ASTERISK BELOW)

Last year's move to our new, larger event hall was a resounding and
popular success.  This year, processes have been streamlined, layouts
optimized, synergies leveraged and core competencies enhanced so that
2016 will see us there again with a little bit more space (all that we
can get this time) and the same great food, hours and convenience that
worked so well last time.  Some OK T-Shirts, too, if I finish them on
time.

Reservations for tables and potential speaking slots will be taken via
web form here:  http://vcfmw.org/signup.html.  We'll contact you soon
to follow-up on space requirements or presentations.  There is no need
to register to attend the show.  Table spots may fill up quickly -
late registrants may end up with sub-optimal locations.

Special convention rate hotel reservations for the Holiday Inn are now
open.  Follow the link on our site to the reservation page with
pre-filled code.  If you are making your reservation with your own
discount code or without one, please still mention our show (code
"VCF") as that is one way we track attendance figures (and more
reservations = friendlier hotel.)

Please visit our website and FAQ at http://vcfmw.org for all the
latest relevant information and don't hesitate to contact me with
questions not covered there.

(BIG ASTERISK) VCFMW is a community-supported event and does not
charge admission - therefore we depend on your donations to cover the
costs of the facility rental and other necessaries.  Please visit our
web page to find two methods of donation (PayPal and GoFundMe) and
give what you can. If you'd like to donate directly at the show or by
some other method, please let me know privately.

Thank you to all that helped make our show great last year and we hope
to see you again in September!

-j