Cross post - Help repairing badly dented / warped sheet metal casing (Seattle)

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Wed Jun 15 15:48:28 CDT 2016

Ian wrote....
=====
Is there anyone, preferably local, with the skill and tools to make this thing look a little better who can lend a hand?

How do I get started undoing the dents and extremely bent base?
=====

Bummer Ian.... nice machine.

I had posted a while back about how I straightened the chassis of an HP7970E tape drive that was mashed in. It involved some angle iron and long bolts.

A link describing what I did is here:

http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2015-January/002838.html

But I don't think the picture is available any longer.

If the device in question doesn't have vents as mine did to run the bolts through... drilling a hole or two and then patching may be better solution than leaving bent...