LASM compatible cross assembler?

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Sun Jun 12 15:46:17 CDT 2016

On Jun 9, 2016, at 7:54 AM, Chris Osborn <fozztexx at fozztexx.com> wrote:

> Is there a LASM compatible assembler out there with source available that I can run on Linux?

Well there is now! I spent yesterday working on it and I coded up something myself in Python. It pre-processes assembly files that were intended to be assembled with LASM and then feeds them through the AS Macroassembler. The only things I've tried so far are Kermit sources and the CP/M 2.2 source and the hex files I'm getting are identical to using LASM on CP/M.

I'm not really sure how much use this will be for others since I think most projects used Z80 assembly instead of the more limited 8080 assembly. But perhaps there are some projects out there that used LASM style 8080 and other people can make use of a cross assembler to avoid having to alter the original code.

You can get it from here:

  http://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/259

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx