SunOS 4

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Thu Jun 9 13:16:06 CDT 2016

This all makes me want to try bringing up a modern compiler on SunOS 4.1.4 on my SPARCstation 20 again.

The closest I got was bringing up GCC 2.95.3 using the system compiler, I couldn’t manage to build GCC 3.3 or 4.2.1 for SunOS. (For legal reasons I can’t really go near GPLv3 developer tools.)

Maybe it’s a bit too much of a lost cause, and I should stick to Solaris 8. That’d let me install the upgraded CPUs too. And I could probably build LLVM/clang on Linux as sparcv8/sun4m cross-compiler much more easily too...

  -- Chris