UNIBUS M9312 ROMS

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 19:56:29 CDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 12:27 PM, John Robertson <jrr at flippers.com> wrote:
> On 06/08/2016 3:46 PM, Jay West wrote:
>>
>> I wrote...
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 6:34 AM, Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> 23-E39A9 is still lost to time, afaik. TMSCP - TU81
>>
>> To which mike replied...
>> ----
>> Could that not be reverse-engineered from the boot code in e.g. Emulex
>> UC17 ROMs? They could do TMSCP...
>>
>> BTW what PROM blower would folks recommend for creating/imaging M9312
>> ROMs?
>> ----
>> Possibly, but some (me) are sticklers for original code. Plus, I am not
>> sure, but I think someone said this rom did something really bizarre to fit
>> in the available rom space - self modifying code or something...
>>

> No way the M9312 can self modify, it is a burn once PROM -

I kinda assumed it was a case of copying itself to RAM and
self-modifying as it runs there - if it ever happened.

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'