Xerox Star Software Images Available

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Jun 6 10:09:34 CDT 2016

On 6/6/16 12:01 AM, SPC wrote:

> ​Any emulator ready to run this software?

Not yet. One of the MAME developers was looking at IOP board simulation
last year. In terms of complexity, the 8010 is somewhere between the Alto and the 6085,
similar to the PERQ.

Don Woodward's 6085 simulator (DAWN) doesn't actually simulate down to the hardware
level and it runs a very late version of the Mesa "PricOps" instruction definition.
I need to dig through my hard disks and see if I have a late enough version of XDE
that can run on it. I haven't tried XDE 5.0, which is the latest version that I have
on floppies.