PDP-11/94-E

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 1 13:59:47 CDT 2016

On Wed, 6/1/16, Rod Smallwood <rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 01/06/2016 19:34, Brian L. Stuart wrote:
>>> You may be close .. Do you know why you do that?
>>>
>>> Here's a clue "Garmin"
>>
>> You had me really confused there for a moment.  I thought you were talking
>> about the company that makes navigational devices at first and couldn't
>> for the life of me figure out what they had to do with it.  Obviously, I had the
>> wrong Garmin...
>>
>> But "personal 1202 alarm" is the funniest thing I've seen all day.  I'm going
>> to have to start using that expression.  My students won't have a clue what
>> I'm talking about.  Hopefully it'll be a good way to educate them a bit.
>>
> OK so answer this how many seconds were left  and who wore a different
> waistcoat every time?

The different waistcoat (or vest on this side of the pond) was Gene Kranz's habit.
I'd have to cheat and look up the number of seconds.  My vague recollection
is about 15, but that memory seems to have suffered from bit rot.  My impression
though is that Armstrong was determined to put that thing down no matter what
and the main role of the fuel level was when to stop looking and take the best
spot he could find.

BLS