Tek 4317 and/or Tek 4132

Rick Bensene rickb at bensene.com
Wed Jun 1 13:53:30 CDT 2016

Al K. wrote:

> At this point it may be worth digging into the drives to see if they can be
> fixed.
> I have had bits of a 4132 for a while, and haven't had any luck locating
> software.

The original drives are long gone.  At the time, I looked into sending them to a data recovery firm to see if they could be repaired or data extracted, but their pricing was way beyond my budget.

I kept 'em around for a few years, but when a move was upcoming, I did a purge --  anything that was "broken", and hadn't been touched in a few years went to the big bit-bucket in the sky.

Still can't believe I didn't image the tapes back in the day!  I should have known better.

Hindsight is 20/20.    :-/

-Rick