Real Mice (was real keyboards ...)

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Jun 1 11:10:54 CDT 2016

On 01/06/2016 02:58, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> Since we are moaning about real hardware, is there anything available
> these days that comes even close to the Logitech ergonomic three
> button mouse from the mid-late 1990s

> I suspect most people here still use the middle mouse button on a
> regular basis

Absolutely, it's indispensable in Unix systems I use, and used a lot in
Windoze too.  My favourite mouse is a Logitech VX Nano; it has a scroll
wheel that can be set to freewheel for very fast scrolling, or set as
normal, but very importantly it also has a real middle button just
behind the scroll wheel.  They're no longer made, but the Logitech MX
Anywhere is very similar.  I have one VX and four MXs, and my only
regret is that there isn't a PS/2 version to use on my SGIs so I need an
adapter.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull