HP Computer Museum in the (local) News

Curious Marc curiousmarc3 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:47:40 CDT 2016

Thanks for the link. My heart is sinking every time I read about Jon’s passing.

Marc

From: cctalk <cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org> on behalf of Rodney Brown <rdbrown0au at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, July 22, 2016 at 12:43 AM
To: "cctalk at classiccmp.org" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Subject: HP Computer Museum in the (local) News

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-22/vintage-computer-museum-revives-hp2116a-founder-dies/7638458

A keen mountaineer who died trekking in Tibet has left a rare computer

collection behind as his legacy.

Surrounded by bushland in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne is a wooden shed

with barn doors.

It closely resembles a shed in California where, in 1939, Bill Hewlett and

Dave Packard launched the company that would become HP.

The much larger Australian shed is home to the HP Computer Museum, filled

with ageing computers, printers and calculators, most of which are a dull

light grey. ...