KT-24 and/or -11/24 backplane info

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jul 21 12:11:26 CDT 2016

    > From: Tony Duell

    > If it's anything like the 11/44 ... the memory bus is carried on the A
    > and B connectors, the peripheral bus on the C,D,E,F connectors.

I have yet to totally grok the -11/44, but the documentation indicates the
slots for memory are memory only (i.e. EUB on the A/B connectors). Are you
saying they are also SPC on the C/F connectors? (If so, ever tried plugging an
SPC device into a 'memory' slot? :-)

If so, that would make it very similar to the -11/24, then - although does it
also have the thing where the data lines are connected from the EUB (connector
A) to the SPC UNIBUS (connector C)? The CPU prints show data from the CPU
going to connector A, unlike the -11/24, which sends data to C - although if
the backplane has the EUB and SPC data busses connected, it would all be the
same in the end.

	Noel