Cray J932SE (was Re: Straight 8 up on Ebay just now)

Greg Stark stark at mit.edu
Tue Jul 19 15:55:26 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Mouse <mouse at rodents-montreal.org> wrote:
> For example, I once had a neighbour who replaced an outlet in his
> kitchen.  Turned off the breaker, removed the old one, put in the new
> one, all very nice.  Turned the breaker for that circuit back on and
> popped the service main breaker.

Heh, I knew what was coming here and that it must mean you were in
Canada (and only then checked the sender...)

But all this seems like a red herring. Surely the three-phase power
requiring devices only require three phase for the cooling systems?
Wouldn't it be easier to just use a modern switching power supply to
provide 5V and feed cold air directly from your home hvac and not try
to run 50-year old cooling and power?

--
greg