LASERS! && Freemont Street LED array (was Re: Cray J932SE (was Re: Straight 8 up on Ebay just now))

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue Jul 19 15:45:17 CDT 2016

On 7/19/2016 1:22 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
> Those have been around for decades - I recall seeing them used to draw things
> on the sides of building,_many_  moons ago.
I know that the pen motors from Brush recorders were used eons ago. They
have frequency response that is very high, and if you had the power to
drive them would move very quickly.

Also Oscilligraph motors could be used, and already had mirrors mounted
on the end.

Piezo actuators could be mounted on the Brush motors and swung for a
second degree of motion as well.

These were in use in the 70's if not earlier.
Thanks
Jim

Gould Brush example:
GOULD-BRUSH-220-Strip-Chart-Recorder-Model-15-6327-57-POWERS-ON-SEE-DETAILS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262507072142

Oscillograph:
HONEYWELL-1406-VISICORDER-OSCILLOGRAPH
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272248210671