DEC H-500 Computer Lab pins and docs (was Re: Straight 8 up on Ebay just now)

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at frontier.com
Tue Jul 19 11:26:13 CDT 2016

From: Ethan Dicks: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:29 AM
> Does anyone have a modern source of pins that fit the socket holes in
> the Computer Lab?  ISTR there are a few of us here who have an H-500,
> but very few, or no, patch cables.  I think Molex pins have been tried
> and rejected.

Nope.  I've been looking for those for some time.  I didn't like the
Molex pins, as their retention clips aren't really the right thing and
scratch the brass rings that should interface smoothly with the proper
brass taper pins.

> Also, the 1969 Computer Lab Handbook is on bitsavers (in
> 'dec/handbooks').  I recall a 8.5"x11" book on the Computer Lab, newer
> layout, probably a 1970s publication date, possibly a teacher's guide.
> I was given one as a kid, but it vanished decades ago.  Anyone
> remember this?  Anyone have one for scanning?

I have an old scan of the teacher's guide at
http://www.so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/pdf/

This came from another listmember, years ago.  Perhaps I should
link to it from
http://www.so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/computerlab/computerlab.php

    Vince