DEC H-500 Computer Lab pins and docs (was Re: Straight 8 up on Ebay just now)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:29:30 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 5:01 AM,  <COURYHOUSE at aol.com> wrote:
>  also  a Rare Digital DEC H-500 Computer Lab, 1960s, Same  Switches as
> PDP-8/I, Vintage  for 700+
>
> ( we have an extra one of these Computer Lab, if  anyone here  is
> interested)

Does anyone have a modern source of pins that fit the socket holes in
the Computer Lab?  ISTR there are a few of us here who have an H-500,
but very few, or no, patch cables.  I think Molex pins have been tried
and rejected.

Also, the 1969 Computer Lab Handbook is on bitsavers (in
'dec/handbooks').  I recall a 8.5"x11" book on the Computer Lab, newer
layout, probably a 1970s publication date, possibly a teacher's guide.
I was given one as a kid, but it vanished decades ago.  Anyone
remember this?  Anyone have one for scanning?

-ethan