Building the Ultimate Classic Mac.

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Jul 18 13:21:38 CDT 2016

On 7/18/16 10:49 AM, Al Kossow wrote:

> Give me a while to collect what I have together.

My memory was fuzzy, BLT was a part of "Tesseract", PPC follow-on to "Hurricane" 88110.
Tesseract became "TNT" ("The New Tesseract" aka the 9500) when Steve Manzer ordered the
group to use PCI instead of BLT because PCI already had an installed base of 3rd party
cards.

I ul'ed a picture of the Tesseract protype to bitsavers under apple/powerpc/Prototypes.
Mirrors should have it in about an hour.

I should have the Hurricane proto board somewhere along with Nubus 88100 and IBM RSC
CPU development boards (like http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/102674143)