Wanted: VT5x roll-around stand

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Jul 12 11:55:06 CDT 2016

> On Jul 12, 2016, at 11:21 AM, Henk Gooijen <henk.gooijen at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> I believe these stands to be authentic DEC VT5X stands.  Is there any way
>>> of telling for sure?  There are no markings on the stands.
>>
>> I can't be certain, but the height and the appearance suggest to me
>> that they are.
>>
>>> Here is a picture of the stand:
>>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzqkBl9PETyQek51bFlXTU53a1E
>
> The 5-leg stand seems correct to me, the vertical standing pipe
> (painted black) seems also OK to me. However, the tray is a different
> story. But I have to admit, that my reference is only the VT55-FB on a
> roll-around stand. If the stand for the VT55-FB is identical to the
> one for the VT52, then the tray is not the original one.
> It is not a tray, but just a plate and significantly smaller, but not flat.

Yes, that sounds familiar now.  The feed stick through holes in the tray/plate, so no rim is needed to position the terminal correctly.  The bolts are for security, in case you lean too hard on the keyboard.  The terminal is well enough balanced it will sit on the stand without them.

Cool, that means duplicating it would be fairly easy, because the stand top can just be a flat top (metal or plywood) with holes drilled in it for the terminal feet.

I would expect the VT55 and VT52 (and several others) to share a stand model since they all have the same case.

	paul