DEC PDT-150 software

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 13:42:09 CDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Fred Jan Kraan <fjkraan at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 2016-07-10 07:00 PM, cctalk-request at classiccmp.org wrote:
>> Greetings
>>
>> I have a restored and (I think) functional PDT-150 with dual 8" floppy drives...
>
> The PDT-150 was also sold with a VT-105 as the MiniMINC and can run some
> versions of RT-11 (at least V3b).

I happen to have a VT-105, but I don't recall much in the way of
non-lab apps that ever used the graphing capability of the VT-105 (or
any of the other semi-graphical DEC terminals).

> On my site there are images of disks, but
> it requires a PC capable of writing single density format to an 8" disk. IMD
> is not the most common format in DEC circles, but it is in PC land.
>
> http://fjkraan.home.xs4all.nl/comp/miniminc/floppyImages/

IMD is good.  John Wilson's putr is good.  Plenty of ways to write an
RX01 with a PC that can write the format and has an 8" drive on it.
I'm working on that myself (John recently sent me a 24V boost PSU, so
I'm going to try to hang a Tandon TM-848 off a DOS/Win3.11 PC, but I'm
also likely to grab an RXV21 and stuff it into a MicroPDP-11 and use
vtserver with an enclosed RX02 from a MINC-11 - after I run it through
a refurb to clean out dust and hardened positioner grease).

-ethan