IBM 360/30 in verilog (was: How do they make Verilog code for unknown ICs?)

Camiel Vanderhoeven iamcamiel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 10:10:41 CDT 2016

> And I'm very close to having a 360/65 in VHDL.
> -----
>
> Sweet :->.  What FPGA platform are you using?  Lawrence used a Spartan
3.  Don't know how close to "full" he pushed it.

I'm using the XUPV5 PCIE board (Xilinx Virtex-5 XC5VLX110T); currently
about 60% occupied, but the design needs lots of debugging. I'm only
implementing the CPU on the FPGA, transcribing from the IBM ALDs. I/O
channels will be provided by the Hercules emulator (with its cpu ripped
out) on the system the PCIe card is plugged into.