server maintenance

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 22:06:56 CDT 2016

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016, Jim Brain wrote:
> Is there a defined maintenance window for the list?  Has it been
> published? Will users be impacted by this change? If so, I am not sure I
> am comfortable with the server being unavailable on a Friday night.
> We're still using the service at 10PM.  Has anyone performed a risk
> analysis of this change?  Is it truly necessary? Can we move it to
> Saturday morning in the wee hours, or preferably Sunday from midnight to
> 6am Central?  Is it possible to schedule a call for later tonight prior
> to the maintenance window to consider the options?
> :-)

Forget it, Jim. I've been on the maintenance bridge call for the last six
hours and once the VPs got on, they told the GNOC to black the server out
for six hours, they'd approve the overrule of the entire CAB if needed,
and threatened to fire the storage, server, and data center vendors for no
real reason. They kept yelling about customer sat for the Intertrode
account.

You know how it is! The server will be rebooted come hell or high water!

-Swift