Source for server lift/hoist?

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 19:12:16 CDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
> So there was some discussion a while back about using lifts to put heavy gear
> in racks. I'm going to be doing some of that soon, and I was wondering how I'd
> go about acquiring something like that at a non-exorbitant price? (eBait was
> not useful, and Googling "user server lift" didn't produce anything either.)
> Any ideas?

I work in a datacenter.  We use a lift from the aptly-named Serverlift
Corporation almost daily.  They're run off of 12V batteries and can
lift a few hundred pounds.  Of course, they are nowhere near cheap:

http://serverlift.com/solutions/products/sl500x-server-lift/

They also weigh enough that you'd never want to bring one down a
flight of stairs.

The Grainger and McMaster manual lifts do look useful and far more manageable.

-j