Excessive Bounces

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 08:21:35 CDT 2016

> I have no competence to judge the merits or otherwise of these mechanisms,
> so I won't say anything about it. What I would say though is, if this
> affects a fair number of people, could the list server be configured to be
> bit more tolerant of bounces?
>
> Regards
>
> Rob

It would be interesting to see what similarities are found in the DNS's of
the domains that are getting the bounces and the mail servers running the
mail.  Authentication, etc.  I don't want to accuse anyone of having an
improperly configured set up, but in my experience this is where I'd look
first.  I used to have the too many bounces problem until I fixed my DNS
many years ago.   Forget now what I did, but I run my own stuff, it's
possible to still have a roll your own DNS and mail server if you have a
mechanism for tracing everything. It should be pretty easy to find the
problem if you can.  Who knows if that's possible, some may be bouncing on
a public server that is too opaque to trace.

Bill

--
@ BillDeg:
Web: vintagecomputer.net