what's vintage? was Re: Latest addition: A bondi-blue iMac

TeoZ teoz at neo.rr.com
Fri Jul 1 17:00:05 CDT 2016

People junked most of the older small low res slow refresh non working (bad
caps) non widescreen LCD monitors by now. I kept one I got free and fixed
ages ago for bench testing (has just a VGA connection) since it is easy to
move around. Newer gaming video cards don't even have VGA out anymore so the
older VGA connector monitors are of no use. Could also be instead of
offering them for sale or free people just straight up recycle them because
of low demand for working ones. On a recycling forum I read people were
trying to sell working older units for $10 each with no luck. The last 2 LCD
monitors I purchased new were $100 (Both DELLs a 23" IPS 1080P and a 24"
1080P) so pricing is not a problem like it used to be in the 90's were a 17"
quality monitor was $800.