Latest addition: A bondi-blue iMac

Eric Christopherson echristopherson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:51:22 CDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:

> The premise is that some things will NEVER be considered "classic".  EVER.
> Not for historians.  Not for Anthropologists.  Not for archeologists.  Not
> for paleontologists.  There are some machines that the coprolite
> (fossilized feces) collectors will pass up.

That's the second time I've seen that term used in the classiccmp realm.
The first was when I came across this company:
https://www.facebook.com/coprolitecomputers/

[...]

OTOH, there were SOME machines that were classic as soon as they existed.
> I think that my collection of OQOs qualifies.
> The iMac is definitely one of those.  If you were to collect everything
> ever available about ADM3a, what machine would you store those files on?
> Imagine a museum collection of the history of the ADM3a; at the end of the
> row is an iMac on which you can view schematics, news articles of its
> introduction, etc.

"The files are IN the computer! It's so simple." I'm imagining the museum's
visitors behaving thusly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2uHBhKTSe0

--
        Eric Christopherson