what's vintage? was Re: Latest addition: A bondi-blue iMac

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Jul 1 13:33:23 CDT 2016

On 07/01/2016 11:10 AM, Liam Proven wrote:

> As I understand it, the Raspberry Pi is not that far off (and before
> it, the ZX Spectrum). But then, there are half a dozen models of
> Raspberry Pi, even excluding the Pi Zero.

...and numerous clones.   This email is being run through a server
running Ubuntu on a headless Orange Pi PC.  At $15, I'll probably buy a
few more.

We're entering another interesting period of time.  For those who want a
desktop PC to read email and surf the web, the display could well turn
out to be the most expensive component by far.

--Chuck