Can Windows 98SE run on an Intel I7 with SATA gard drives?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jan 28 16:50:06 CST 2016

    > From: Mark Moulding

    > Win-98 SE ... it would have been nice if it recognized USB storage
    > devices natively.

There is that package you can add (my copy is in a self-extracting archive,
called "nusb23e.exe") that recognizes USB drives, etc. I run a number of USB
devices (memory sticks, mice, etc) on my 98SE's and they all work fine.

My approach to keeping my 98SE machines running is _lots_ of spares of all
kinds. They were easy and cheap to acquire a while back - they're a lot
harder to find now, those machines are all totally obsolete.

	Noel