What to Do with a PS/2?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Jan 25 10:41:07 CST 2016

> On Jan 25, 2016, at 08:29, drlegendre . <drlegendre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you're interested in a speed-up, I'm fairly sure a 486DX/2-66 should
> drop-in for the current 33mhz CPU, without any additional changes. Doubles
> your core speed and adds the math co-processor in one go.

Cool. I didn't know that it would drop in like that.

I found images of OS/2 installation disks on a possibly dodgy "abandonware" site. 2.0 installation crashed on the second disk. 2.1 made it all the way through the 20th disk, then hung at "Updating the system configuration" (but with mouse pointer still movable) and yielded a system that doesn't boot past the loading screen. The system passes its diagnostic tests, but maybe the scsi2sd is incompatible in some way, or maybe a different distribution is needed for this machine?

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/