C64 system cost?

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 23:04:26 CST 2016

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Brain" <brain at jbrain.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: C64 system cost?

> On 1/20/2016 9:23 PM, Jason T wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 8:04 PM, drlegendre . <drlegendre at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Err...
>>>
>>> http://www.jppbm.com/ is last updated in 2011.. and their products catalog
>>> is listed as the "1996 version"..
>>>
>>> Perhaps a 'legacy' site, as we say? Hard to believe you can get a complete
>>> C64 system with C-64 console, a 1701/1702 monitor, TWO joysticks, TWO 1541
>>> drives and cables for $50.00 CDN.. =)
>> Joe is still in business and attends VCF Midwest every year.  Can't
>> say what his pricing looks like these days but he's got a lot of
>> inventory (especially software) and is always willing to make a deal.

> I agree.  Joe's got plenty of inventory, in spite of his dated web site.
>
> Jim
>

> --
> Jim Brain
> brain at jbrain.com
> www.jbrain.com

Sorry, I didn't notice that Joe's site is so out of date; I'll probably see him tomorrow and I'll be sure to mention it.

TPUG's store has been officially closed for around two years now and its web page is also out of date, but there are still a few C64s, 1541s and power supplies in inventory; monitors and joy sticks are all gone and I'm not sure about the cable situation:

http://tpug.icomm.ca/store/saleitems.pdf

Note that the current TPUG web site is now here:

http://www.tpug.ca/