Preferred way of substituting TFT for CRT Monitor?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Jan 20 09:22:03 CST 2016

> ... and I thought today such a simple problem could be easily solved with mo$

It could.  But in the current race to the bottom, nobody makes a
monitor that does that, because investing the same resources in
building for the majority market is perceived as having greater ROI.

I've noticed it myself.  I'm looking for a flatscreen that can sync to
something my SS20 can put out - I have an Asus that syncs to it just
fine, but it's not made any longer, and more modern monitors are, it
appears, significantly less functional.

As I've put it on a few occasions, monitor technology has imrpoved to
the point where it can't do what any CRT from two decades ago could.
(That's a slight exaggeration, admitted, but not much of one.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org